At the signing of the Affordable Care Act (also known as ObamaCare), President Barack Obama predicted that “all of the overheated rhetoric over reform will finally confront the reality of reform.” Three years later, the American people are in fact faced with the reality of President Obama’s health care law and are realizing that if they think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it’s free!
Our U.S. Congress is looking at laws which would exempt them and their staffs from the system they have voted for the rest of us. As this was exposed, President Obama was compelled to say he would personally join a new insurance exchange, a meaningless gesture since the president has no need for health insurance, with a team of people devoted to his health. This speaks volumes to the ObamaCare lie that if you like the insurance you have, you’ll be able to keep it. Even the people who wrote the law don’t believe it.
Our legislators are playing semantics and thinking we’ll fall for it. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act sounds so nice and fuzzy. Who wouldn’t want patient protections and affordable care? But the fact is, ObamaCare is anything but affordable, and all women will be adversely affected:
1. ObamaCare Diminishes Women’s Freedom And Privacy
2. ObamaCare Further Exacerbates The Gender Wage Gap
3. ObamaCare’s Employer Mandate Tax Will Hurt Women And Younger Workers
4. Women-Dominated Service Industries Will Be Hit Hardest By ObamaCare Mandates
5. Women Are More Likely To Lose Employer-Sponsored Insurance Than Men
6. Marriage Penalty #1: Married Women Are Taxed More Than Single Women
7. Marriage Penalty #2: Women Who Want To Marry Could Lose Extra Help To Buy Insurance
8. Women Will See Premiums Skyrocket For Their Young Adult Children
9. Female Medicaid Patients Are Not Guaranteed Access To Healthcare
10. Women And Their Families Are Going To Be Taxed Into Submission
For all the details, check out The Brief: