Part of the Informed Women’s Network’s mission is education, and we want to to make sure we give you news you can use. Our Boot Camps are designed to bring you up to speed on a specific topic, giving you information that is valuable and relevant, talking points you can use out in the community and confidence in your voice. Currently Boot Camps are being held in Portland, Maine. For more information, if you would like to hold a Boot Camp in your location or have a suggestion for a Boot Camp topic, please let us know at email@example.com.
HEALTHCARE 101: IF YOU THINK HEALTHCARE IS EXPENSIVE NOW, WAIT ‘TIL IT’S FREE!
Join our healthcare expert, Carrie Baker, as she walks us through the basics of the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare). In this discussion, Carrie will tell you what you need to know about the ACA, including how this will affect businesses, families, your taxes and ultimately, your access to quality healthcare.
You will learn about:
- True and false: Sorting out fact and fiction in the law
- How the costs of the ACA will affect businesses, and trickle down to families
- The unintended consequences of the law
- How children and the truly needy have been left out of the law
Want to feel more comfortable public speaking or in front of a camera or radio mic? This class will give you the skills you need to speak confidently and with the authority needed to engage any audience. Taught by radio personality Ray Richardson (The Ray Richardson Show) and his producer and Mind Your own Business radio show host, Debi Davis.
You will learn how to:
- Captivate and engage an audience
- Project competence and confidence
- Gesture and position your body to convey strength
- Interact with displays, notes and PowerPoint presentations